QNY2009

With any luck, I will be meeting with the Quest over coffee something like a week early. I haven´t heard from Geof or Handwing yet. The proposed date is March 8th and we are, once again meeting at the current favorite location. Problem is Spring. It hasn´t come a week early. In fact as of this morning, it is still blastedly cold here. I´m going out for a run later today, but I really need things to warm up or I just don´t feel like Questing. The original celebration was due to a warm wind blowing through town and causing a big melt. I have trouble generating the necessary feelings of adventure if the wind doesn´t smell adventurous.

I know, I know. You´re thinking to yourself, ¨he´s always like this at the beginning of March.¨ And, you´re right, of course. Without a little anguish the Quest just does not seem worthwhile. I´ll go anguish for a bit and be back when I have something productive to add to this discussion.

Comments

Its plus 12 in Calgary today so you should expect a warm breeze this week to herald in the spring questing season.
news item: leading climate scientists point to early quest new year as sign of climate change.
rainswept said…
Although the red-dyed alcohol has been hovering at a reasonable level this week, the wind does seem to blow right through my coat.

Perhaps it's impregnated with something.

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction