QE19

An early celebration was had last night. The core group of Questers was in attendance. As a first order of business we discussed last years quest books. A general favorite was "How to Talk About Books You Haven't Read," which, humourously, Dave hadn't. You could look up the less than favourable Guardian review, or you could take my word for it and have a good read (and a good laugh).

From there we moved on to this years reading list which, I'm sad to say, I did not contribute to. It will be a light reading year (for must reads)...

2 Picks (Filthy Lucre/Heath/Starcat, Notes on Democracy/Mencken/rainswept)

I will also attempt to read Dave's attempted pick (which is in 6 volumes and he hasn't quite finnished yet) entitled The Nature of Order - Christopher Alexander

Follow this link for my pictures from the evening...
QE19

I have set a few goals for the coming year:
  • First I plan to beat the 24-year-old me. I'll explain that one another time. 
  • Second, is a money saving goal to facilitate travel to perhaps Australia or the far East. 
  • Third is to actually "understand" my guitar (as James puts it).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction