Friday, May 07, 2010

Winter's Icy Grip

Winter's Icy Grip Crushes Goose Vanguard
I've been struggling a bit with this weather. It's a bit of an understatement (we may talk of that another time). Cold and lack of sunlight have me a bit down. I've been grouching at the girls, sighing a lot, and projecting gloom around the house in the evenings. Wendy gave me a kick in the pants last night and told me to take today off. I didn't have any work with the library scheduled, but I would have spent the morning making and canning chutney out of the beautifully ripe mangoes that I got on monday.

Instead I went to Don's Photo and found an awesome deal. A used Sigma 70-210mm f/4-5.6 auto-focus lense for $40! It's twin was sitting next to it for $100 (they were both on consignment and the price on one had just been dropped). OK, so Sigma is a bargain brand, but it's my first telephoto--I'm excited. Naturally, I had to go take some pictures.


1st set, 0-0
I went to campus and fooled around a bit and then met James for a great abbreviated match of snow tennis. It eventually had to be called on account of extreme gusting winds :) We wound up having a congenial coffee and muffin together.  This was my favourite shot of the day.

Man publicly flaunts his sense of glee -- authorities "nervous"

It's been a while, but yes, I think we both felt that good.