Retro Ridiculous

I thought my innocence was lost. Recently, even Bethedasoft's Oblivion has been failing to rouse any interest in my usual frenzied need for videogames. Enter Wednesday night retro-gaming with the Bros. D. Who would have thought that a MAME game with only two colours, that I have never previously played, could have charmed me so?

Ripcord! (klov.com)

considering how ancient this game is, the gameplay is awesome. There are only about three things you can do: Jump from the plane, move left or right, and ... O.K., two things! It's the feel and look of the game. The free-fall sensation before you pull your ripcord (oh, yeah, that's three) is terrific. I could almost feel the wind rushing past my monochrome face. A must play!

1979, no less.

Curious? Here is the ***WARNING .pdf ICKY*** original arcade manual ***WARNING*** for the game. Cool instructions on dip switches and soundboards.

Any of you people have a notable or favorite two-tone game?

Comments

Unknown said…
Atari Night Driver

It was a black screen with posts that marked the edge of the road. Oncoming vehicles were mostly bright spots that you had to avoid while driving around corners. This was the first "windshield perspective" game I had ever come across, and it left an impression.

Primitive, but at the time it was super fun.
captainorange said…
Never had an atari. I'll have to grab an emulator and give it a try...

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction