Summer is Dying Fast

Quite a few exciting things have been happening...

James and I, with the help of David and Matthew gutted Jim's PS2 in an attempt to add a mod-chip allowing him to play games of Asian origin. The theory sounded simple enough, but when it came time to do the soldering -- wow! We manged the 15 solders to the chip just fine, but on the motherboard was entirely different. I guess we needed specialized tools because the places we were expected to solder to were about 5 times smaller than I could imagine doing with our tools. We have enlisted help and I will let you know how it turns out.

I've been painting the trim on our house. Fans may notice that the "Bunisher", courtesey Brad Sawatzky, is helping out.Almost, but not quite, done. The rain has put a halt to production. Fortunately, I managed to get the front door done. I'm insanely pleased with it. Those of you who don't remember the boring and offensive original can be reminded here. I think the black and silver hammered finnish look smart and sexy. The Bunisher agrees.

Comments

rainswept said…
Hey, there is no 'reminded here' link - if such was intended.

The door does indeed look very smart.

*There were no signs on your door—it was painted a week ago—, and I was quite sure I had come to the wrong house.*
captainorange said…
I kind of meant "here" on the blog, as opposed to coming to my house to see it in person.
Anonymous said…
Please don't speed past this comment - I am not spam! (The "I'm pink, therefore I'm spam" theory does not apply) Oh, Orange One (or Onej, as my neice used to say), it's been so long and I only just realized thanks to a mutual friend that you are also a true appreciator of the Joss 'Verse! How exciting! So when are you going to Serenity? Can I come? I have so few like-minded individuals, I just have to attach myself like Nerf (TM) to Velcro (TM). Labour Day was the best day ever. Roommate gone, and nothing but Firefly episodes stretching before me. No, no kids yet. Anyways, will make a plan Stan, OK?

Your inconstant but cute and kind of funny buddy,
Squish
captainorange said…
Naturally you can come Squish. I don't have definitive plans for an attendance date yet--though pretty close to opening if I can help it. If you fire me an email through regular channels then I can have a hope of responding to you in a timely way.
Anonymous said…
Ya, I'll call... I don't have any emails. Phone numbers, that I can do.

Talk to you soon!

....did somebody step on an orange?
rainswept said…
Mmm, Squish. the_Plow and I espied you across the crowded room at the 29/06 Pirates of Penzance, SK performance. It is indeed a small world when the sun is an orange.

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction