Art Apreciation

I like to think of myself as a strange combination of strict and lenient. I am willing to let my children do things that often will make others shudder with fear or loathing or both -- for a variety of reasons. Yet, at the same time, I require them to hold themselves to behavioral guidelines that many adults I know find distasteful or just plain impossible. I don't do it for the shock value. There is a method to the madness, as it were. So you will have to take my word for it that during the taking of these pictures, Reid and Anwyn were models of perfect behavior [and me too ;) ] with the singular exception that they were climbing all over pieces of artwork.
Notice how I am in none of these pictures? That is 'cause I would never do such things...

September 7th was a beautiful day. I wanted to test out the new trailer that my grant money (hope, hope) was going to pay for. And I was begining to miss the time that would not come again; Reid and Anwyn were to start Kindergarten in just two days. In desperation I took them on a lovely and long bike ride along the riverbank. We talked about the wier, played some sliding games on a cool staircase and eventually made our way to the outdoor art gallery.

I hope to do it again as soon as I am able, but I sure hope to take a better camera! Well, it's better than no camera. Lets hear it for my trusty Sony Clie UX50.

And lets hear it for daycare providers...

Comments

rainswept said…
I didn't even know such a sweet 'trouble spot' existed.

I don't suppose anybody got told...
captainorange said…
No. I think the kids are a little too young to enjoy the strange pleasure of getting told. If we had, I never would have heard the end of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction