City Walk 2012

I'm excited to announce that on Sunday morning, at about 4:30am, I will be departing on my questing marathon known as the City Walk. A brief history of how and why I started doing it can be found in a 2006 post just before I make my first complete circumnavigation.

The score stands at Saskatoon 3 (1994, 2005, 2007) - Mike 2 (2006 and 2008). I'm out to even the score.

As usual, you are all welcome to attend part or all of the marathon. I'll have my cell phone with me, so feel free to give me a call to meet up. Here is a map of Saskatoon with two previous trips on it, so you can have an idea of the route.

Possible Itinerary:*
4:30am -- departure from Clarence Ave S (counterclockwise this year)
12-12:30 -- river crossing sans bridge (a first! Could save me 8-10km)
12:30 -- Picnic lunch on Spadina (hopefully... it will be near here)
4:30pm -- North of YXE
7pm -- 11th St Esso
10pm -- Finish

*later times show increasing approximation ;)

Comments

rainswept said…
Hmm, no sign of the map for this year. I'm at work from 10 to 6, but I'll see about dropping in on the evening leg.
captainorange said…
Can't very well post this years route until I finish. Two previous routes ought to give you a clue...
rainswept said…
Yes, I took you to mean "...to meet up. Here is a map of Saskatoon with...", but a map of this year's planned route that failed to survive blogger's infamous save draft feature wouldn't have surprised me.

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction