What is the Job dejour?

If you like driving at all, driving a bus is just as fun as you think it might be. It feels powerful and just a wee bit scary. I have a lot of buttons to push and dials to observe. Aside from a minor incident involving a poorly placed street light (IMHO), things are going great. I love driving all the little kids and have immense fun chatting with them about their days and what interests little people (which is nearly everything that adults don't have time for). It really seems ideally suited to my time needs right now. It will take a little adjusting for Wen and I to be making less money. It is substantially more than I was making paging for the library, but still about $(insert undisclosed sum) short of what I would have pulled in with the daycare (although it is hard to measure accurately because of income tax, daycare expenses, etc...). Whatever the case, when I have recovered from my wisdom teeth being removed and the cold that I am trying to shake, I shall see what I can make of the extra time in my day.

My Bus
Yes, Clickity Clickity

Comments

Great photo! Wisdom teeth eh? I remember getting all mine yanked when I lived in Victoria. I was so miserable. I recall feeling crappy several days into the experience when I really wanted some comfort food. But I still couldn't chew. So I made my favorite home made mac & cheeze...and wait for it... put it in the blender! I tried drinking it through a straw thinking it couldn't change the taste right? It was the most barf-worthy thing Ive ever made.
captainorange said…
Horrible. And, very, very funny (retrospectively, at least). I am on the miserable side, but I don't think my discomfort approaches that level. I am 5 days out and still require very regular doses of 600mg ibuprofen, however...

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction