Hitchcock's Hideaway

Many of you have seen these pictures already, but I realize that there are some of you out there, whom I love, but may not have sent the link to view them. Therefore I present to you our latest family trip.
Hitchcock's Hideaway
yes, I'm a link...click...NOW!
Wen has been attending this debate camp since she was in high-school and is now something of a guru/legend to the people who gather there. It used to be called "Camp Raynor", but has since been renamed the more alliterative, "Hitchcock's Hideaway". Same deal -- students and teachers of debate from across the province meet to practice their craft and socialize with others who are as socially awkward as they are. As a dad, I go along to enjoy the scenery and help give us just a little family time on a weekend where Wen works from 7am until 11pm with only scant breaks to eat the catered meals provided by the staff of this beautiful prairie retreat.

I'm not going to say much about the trip. I think the pictures (you have looked, right?) speak for themselves. It is loads of fun, relaxing, educational, wet and dirty. Which is to say in Mike-speak, "very Questy."

The one thing I will mention is our in-trip entertainment. The drive is a couple of hours, so I set up my laptop in the back and piped the sound through the stereo. What did they watch (and I listen to)? We have been obsessing over a wonderful show called Avatar: The Last Airbender* (www.nick.com). We were inducted into its mysteries via the children of my brother James. They own the first season on DVD and after hearing the girls going on and on and on about it, we borrowed them from Molly and promptly watched the entire season in about 3 days. We have proceeded to rent/borrow all of the second season from any video store or library that has them. It is excellent family entertainment and has a lot to offer to children and adults alike. No, I don't own any Avatar stocks.

*Several seemingly cryptic comments in the
pictures from this trip are Avatar related

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction