Planet Stories

Watching a TED Talk from my RSS back catalogue (Yes, I still use RSS) and was inspired by this mission. The goal is to image the entire Earth every day and to make the information publicly useable and searchable. Other images you find online could be months or years old. There are many powerful applications of this information, but mostly I wanted to play with it. The images are quite variable in their quality, but their are many that are very good.

The website where this information is available is Planet Stories.

I made a little 6 frame time-lapse of Canmore, AB from this year. I enjoy the snow change on the mountains and you can even see the ice breaking up on Lac Des Arcs on the right hand side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction