Mike's World

It seems that we haven't spoken since February. Typical.

There is a lot going on in this post. don't try to understand it or put it in order. Let it wash over you. The bad writing and glaring inconsistencies in the "narrative" will be less obvious this way.

Naturally, the first thing I did upon arriving home from New York was to turn my travels into a great storytime for the preschool kids and parents that I get to read to every other Tuesday. There was some reading, a lot of jumping and falling as well as a cautionary tale regarding 5-year-old children flying planes. The kids loved it.

Celebrating winning free coffee at a Huskie Basketball game
Watching the Huskie women play basketball has become a tradition for us, ever since Anwyn has been playing for their Jr. developmental team.

We began watching the women play as support for Anwyn and to allow her to see her coaches excel. Typical parenting move. Strong women... leadership roles... blah, blah, blah.

Thats fine, but it turns out that I actually prefer watching them (as opposed to the men's team). More passing and running plays. Less one-on-one.

The important thing is that it has taken me 3 years of attempts to win the Tim Horton's 'tweet to win' coffee package. In this case, victory is definitely best served hot!

Adventures in Engineering (U of S Campus)
When not sick with one of the dragging colds I've had this spring, I have continued to be physically active. James and I have continued to run stairs and 5kms together.

Occasionally we also do a little exploring. We haven't been picking any locks lately. I guess nostalgia will have to take the place of past glory, for the time being.

We have also twice managed to spend a chunk of Sundays (which are pretty slow on campus) playing a cool hybrid of tag and hide and seek. It involves cell phones, a deck of cards and ID tags. Our teens seem to enjoy it and I'm only a little sore after an afternoon of sprinting on stairs while crouched and texting.

It's safer than it sounds... no, really ;)
 However, very much in the "current glory" phase is my pizza fetish. We had a pretty early spring in Saskatchewan. And while it may have not been balmy, there was enough sun and warmth for me to fire up my outdoor pizza oven and bang out several masterpieces.
First Outdoor pizza (Feb 27)
Second Pizza (Apr. 17th)


Third (May 1)
Of course, spring is always exemplified by Quest New Year on March 17th. This year James and I managed to play some hacky sack, race toothpicks and toboggan into pools of icy water. How lucky that there was, afterwards, coffee and great company long into the evening.


...and are rewarded for our efforts in an entirely different way.
Posted by James Diakuw on Tuesday, March 17, 2015


Apex Trampoline. I was very sore the day after this one :)
1905 Gerhard Heintzman
Finally get Rosanne's Greenhouse back together


And lest you think that I am slacking... let us not forget kite flying, trampolining, piano disassembly and second greenhouse (it's like second breakfast without the calories).

Did I mention that our nephew, Matt lived with us for a couple of months? I'll say the least about that, even though it meant the most. I could probably write a book about those 8 weeks.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction