Summer Visitors

We recently hosted Tim, Sherry and their boys, Ben and Jonah, for a couple of hours. We just began to become good friends as they left town, but we were excited to hear that they plan to move back to Saskatoon after one more year in Regina. Our kids are close enough in age to enjoy playing together and in so many ways we are kindred spirits (sorry, we just watched Anne of Green Gables last night and it makes me a little more romantic than usual about such things).

Their visit was too short, as usual, but I consider it a good warm up for all the company that we have planned. There are a couple of pics of their sword wielding children here. Speaking of warm ups, Tim is one of the valued people in my life who is willing to pick up one of my dueling katana's and try to give me a whooping. I was positively out of breath from our brief, but aggressive, swashbuckling session.

My summer is looking to be pretty busy (I can sense your shock as you read this). Our visitor roster currently reads thusly:
  • Teela, Peff, Merlin and Viola -- some or all of them for a month-ish
  • Heidi Naimen -- probably a week overlapping with Teela
  • Lee -- Two weeks overlapping...
  • Greta, Max and possibly Gus -- overlapping...
  • Jodi and Brad -- currently big (hopeful) question marks...
Not all of these people will be staying with us and not the whole time, but I think you can see some trends here. There are a lot of people converging. It's going to be crowded and boisterous.

I have an invitation to go camping with Peff in Montana that I'm seriously considering and I plan on going on an adventure with Dave again this year. Oh, and I have a family of an age disposition that they want to be camping and canoeing as much as humanly possible. Overly ambitious? I think it will all work out fine.

This post has too much thinking and planning in it. I have to go and do something unstructured now...

Comments

Greta James said…
For the record, Gus, Max and I would be all for a little camping, but if you need us to bring camping gear, you better let us know before we leave Waterloo.

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction