Father's Day

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... There was Father's Day. Some time much, much later, I posted about it...

I did a crappy job of honouring my own father this year. I guess that's part of the reason I've been reticent to make this post. Every time I think of how great my kids were I just can't start to type. Oh, well. Keeping it in just doesn't work for me. Dad, I'm sorry I was a jerk this year. I hope, with our long history, you can give me a pass on this one.

Sour Cherry Crepe
Don't let the disclaimer above take away from my fatherly pride. Leora will be 13 soon and Anwyn is 11. They have some mad skills in the kitchen. They are both talented (I compare them to myself at 25), but on this occasion, Leora made the crepes and did composition (she certainly has Wen's eye for design). Anwyn created the filling and acted as the prep cook.

In the picture below, Leora shows her level of tolerance for my preoccupation with photography while Anwyn displays good manners ;)

Mortar & Pestle, honey, fine salts and cinnamon mocha soap
Although the food definitely stole the show, there were other rewards to be had. The mortar and pestle are the finest I have ever had. I've been longing for a nice big one like this since seeing Anna and Ian's a couple of years ago. My patience was finally rewarded and I returned the favour by making a few batches of really great pesto now that our basil is really producing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction