QE17

Yesterday (at least when I began typing this) was the beginning of the 17th Quest Era and so it is natural that I've been doing some thinking about questing and the Quest. I have spent a great deal of effort, virtually every year since it began, trying to explain to others and to myself just what the hell it all is. I have put up a few posts addressing this question in the past... I can' t be bothered to hunt them down right now (must label...) so for now, you will have to be satisfied with a link to Qe16.

Anyhow, this year, a couple of foxes showed up to enhance the milieu of Qe17. Thanks for dropping by and bringing your intellectual game. Gentleman that I am, I must give credit to the ladies first.The usuals were also all present, including Geof, after the most brief failings of heart from yours truly. Having heard so little from Starcat in recent months, I thought perhaps that he would give the this year a miss. My apologies, oh steadfast one.


The weather was fine for a change and the Doctor shamed me into admitting that I had not participated in our (historically) much vaunted head-dunking. I shall make up for it in coming weeks -- may I have the pictures to prove it. I guess I was preoccupied with feelings of good fortune that the temperature was not last year's (and don't forget to look at the wind-chill). I had the 'pleasure' of sprinting through a field with James on that occasion and later climbing up Thorv. in what seemed a veritable blizzard. Needless to say, when the campus cops questioned me, they didn't bother to get out of their car.

Vin and James had a lengthy discussion, but don't ask me what it was about. I'm afraid that it was all a bit over my head (or beneath my RADAR, I can never remember which applys...).

Dave came up with a fantastic idea that really needs some follow-up. He proposed that we collect money on a yearly basis and set up some sort of endowment fund to be used in furthering the goals of The Quest. Of course, such things are easier imagined than done. Just what are our goals, for one? Never-the-less, I will do my part. I have been elected to construct a strong box (or treasure chest, if you will) to keep the loot safe. I hope that this year will see a flurry of suggestions of what we might do with the cash. I have a few ideas, but that is for another post.

Comments

Greta James said…
So questing is sort of like an inspirational thing?

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction