I guess it's gonna be a long, long time

Whew! Maybe now things can get back to normal. It seems like my life has been on overdrive for the last month. No midnight concordesqe trips to Paris or Tokyo, unfortunately. Just the usual holiday frenzy. Seems like it was a little worse this year than previous. Anyway, I'm sorry if I've ignored you. I'm sure you had plenty to read over your December.

The Mousetrap is finished. Thank the maker. And yes, the oil-bath did feel really good. I am often glad to be done a production by opening night. Usually, the feeling fades during the run and by closing, I wish it would keep going another week. Not this time. I'm not sure if I told you about the frustrations I had surrounding the play or not. Let me say this first. It had nothing to do with the kind and generous nature of the people I was working with. I've never worked with such an amiable cast and crew. There were no "personality" issues. There was quite a bit of confusion, however. The director was a first-timer and we had no end of trouble finding people to work backstage. We were short on experience and unable to make use of some of the veteran skills that we did have (for fear of stepping on peoples toes). Why was this so frustrating? Normally, I wouldn't mind. But, coming into December was a mistake for me. I love to do a lot of baking leading into the holidays and being so busy, I just couldn't. My gift making also really suffered. So, in the end, what should have been a energizing creative effort wound up feeling like a chore. I felt rushed and guilty about not wanting to invest more emotionally in the effort. Let us not speak of it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction