Remedies for the sick of mind and body

I've been sick all December. It is nagging and depressing. It is the kind of sickness that is just enough to make me feel like crap, but not enough that anyone will feel sorry for me -- except you of course. Ergo I must clean toilets, look after children and, in short, work. I've resolved (nothing to do with the calendrical "new year") to engage in some aggressive physical activity in the hopes that positive endorphines will act as a bandage and cover the infected wound that is my body. My greatest fear is that it will have the effect of repeated StarTrek sequels and only magnify the original problem. Time will tell.

Most of you didn't call me during the holidays to set up a coffee engagement. Those of you who did will forgive me for not singling you out for the ridicule of others. Those of you who were remiss will be forgiven when you get off your butt and dial.

Questing has been rare this month. However, there are some highlights:

A blistering, three-way lightsaber duel with my nephew and his friend was a helluva lot of fun. Really, there was one replica purple "Mace Windu" saber and two metallic red unscrewed broom handles. But I've always been good at filling in those gaps left for imagination. Let's just say the action was fierce and leave it at that. Needless to say, I was VERY sore the next day.

James received Guitar Hero for his PS2 and there were several episodes of fantastic fun as we played head-to-head on the two plasitc guitars. I imagine the only real substitute for this game would be to actually play and instrument and read music. You'll have to let me know.

Comments

rainswept said…
Our entire household is listening to Chesty McCough and the Phelgmtones, courtesy the Moose Jaw branch of the clan. With sympathy for the sick, my nose runneth over.

Fniaopn

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction