House of Leaves (1st Round)

First off, I have to publicly pity all persons who were not present at this discussion. If you were in the hospital, we could have brought the conversation to you. When we all finish the book, don't let yourself be let out of the second installment of flavoured milk and double-shot Americano's.

Going into The Roastery, I already knew that Danielewski was a brilliant writer. In the midst of our discussion I was struck with the depth of his skill and genius. Were the book not finite, I would be tempted into saying his genius was indeed without limit.

I'm not really sure how to proceed with this post. I don't want to make it a catalogue of all the cool things that we discussed, or how we sat there for several hours pouring over the two copies of the book and kept finding new things that we had missed in the first or second readings. What I want to do is make sure that everyone gets out of the house next week so that we are all there the next time. I'm sure that the extra brain (sic) will only make things even more grand than they were.

To James, Dave and Me...
Let us finish this thing quickly. Dave will be leaving town before too long and I would dearly love to have another installment of discussion around this book before he (house of) leaves.

Geof...
Riddle your copy with sticky notes and bring it to the next QT.

Vin...
When new copies arrive in the store, you must alert me immediately!

Comments

In case you didn't see my last blog entry, I finished on friday (yesterday) I will certainly book(mark) tuesday for a continued discussion of the house.
rainswept said…
*&#!I guess if I had come here first I wouldn't have left a coffee exhortation on the doctor's blog
Unfortunately, I'm leaving very earlt yues morn and will not get to discuss the book with you untill august. Ahoy until then. Keep your powder dry, your blade sharp and X never, ever marks the spot.

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction