Honduras Ahoy!

Yeah. I'm going to Honduras. So? So what. Sure I said on Nov 27th that I'd let you know soon. I'm sure I told quite a few people in person, but yeah... I left a few of you hanging a bit. No apologies. You could have asked.

Specifically, Brad and I are going to Roatan(wikipedia), the largest of the Bay Islands. I'll be leaving on Feb 25th and returning a couple of weeks later.

View Larger Map

Honduras, a more global perspective
We will be staying at the Cocoview Resort. There are a number of things that I know I will be doing there. I will probably go horseback riding (which I've never done). I will go snorkeling and open water scuba diving (so far I've only been in a swimming pool) and I hope to make a visit to the mainland to quest through the Maya ruins of Copan.

There are a number of things that I will NOT be doing. This list is, I hope, not exhaustive:

  • get murdered
  • get HIV
  • suffer DCS(decompression sickness)
  • become infected with malaria, or typhoid
  • be mugged for my fine camera equipment (this one is a 'maybe')

No, it's not among the worlds 10 safest vacation spots (Canada is, depending on who you ask). I'm not asking permission. Just stop wincing like that :)

Comments

Looks like an amazing trip, are you brushing up on some basic Spanish?
captainorange said…
I invested some time with podcasts and some cool iPhone apps, but I'm finding it pretty difficult. I've never been great with languages.
handwing said…
Still promoting a Canmore Quest New Year's? Or is this trip the reason you thought the Quest box should pay?
captainorange said…
QNY plans far preceded any dreams I had to go to Honduras this year. I may have difficulty making work arrangements this year. I'll have to wait until I have a schedule for March (now that I am subject to schedules at all)
Ian said…
Looks exciting. I've never been to that continent, and I really want to at some point. Hope you have lots of fun :)

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction