Getting Creative

I've spent the morning sitting in front of my homemade sun lamp and getting creative and inspired. I usually look inward for this kind of activity, but today I thought I would check in with the rest of the world.

I tried googling "things I haven't tried." It didn't get me too far. It did yield one site that I think I'll follow via RSS for awhile AND this eery and inspiring video. The music really makes it.



Later on, I came upon a host of Bucket List(wikipedia) sites that tried to tell me the 10-150 things I could or should do before I die, or if I had 24 hrs to live, etc... I learned a few things as I looked through these lists. Foremost among them was: make your own damned list! the number of people who just copy and pasted was ridiculous. Don't mistake me. I think that a lot of people share common interests and sometimes we need to be inspired by others, but when "eat jellied eels from a stall in london" yields 4090 results in google, the time has come to call "plagiarism."

Now, I'm not making a bucket list. I don't want a list of things I'll die wishing I'd completed. I'm trying for a list of things that I can actually achieve -- today, this week and this month. And what if I were to make a bucket list?

Everything!

Huh?!? That was easy. Now, I'd better get started.

Just to take care of some business...

  • Dec 6th - Walked a brand new route home from work. Sounds stupidly simple, but the new views of buildings you always see from the same side really got me into a philosophical mood.
  • Dec 7th - Signed up and paid for SCUBA certification http://www.padi.com/scuba/ Anyone want to guess where I'm going yet? I don't remember who I've mentioned it to, so you can "guess" and I'll still be impressed :)
  • Dec 8th - Took both of my kids to the doctor when nothing was wrong. We booked a time and spent it talking about some of the health choices we've been making (just to kind of be productive about it). I told the Dr. that I figured she could use some good news for a change instead of dealing with problems all day long. I loathe medical appointments and don't want to pass that on to my kids.
  • Dec 9th - Drank a freakishly sweet and flowery root beer (a root beer review website, if you can believe that). James, occasionally gets me to try new drinks that he's into. If this was ever one, I don't remember (and for my purposes, that's just as good)
  • Dec 10th - Made a one word bucket list. I didn't mean to. It just happened. I think that makes it O.K.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction