Out of Touch, or DON'T TOUCH ME, PLEASE!

The Jr. Questers have had back-to-back releases of the Chicken Pox(wikipedia). Leora was first, and got rave reviews at the box office. I would estimate her pox count at around 300-400. After her 10-day stint Anwyn decided to cash in. She has just released Chicken Pox -- The Directors Cut. It is much more graphic and true to the original vision of the disease. Her audience has been treated to a digitally enhanced fever using 103.8F technology, several never before seen sequences of poc-marks with extra dynamic range in swelling AND Low estimates suggest as many as 600-700 EXTRA pox have been added for general viewing pleasure.

Beyond this exciting time of childhood-rights-of-passage, I have recently auditioned for Off Broadway's production of Little Shop of Horrors(imdb). It was great fun auditioning, but I think I will decline if I am offered a role. I very much want to work with Summer Players again and I was a bit nervous about some of the things I saw at the audition. That and I don't think they will cast me anyway.

The week before that I ran with one of my many sisters-in-law. We each donated $40 to participate in the 5km "Jingle Bell Run." I was really proud of Liz, who has only begun to run since the summer. The bells were a bit noisy, but the cause was one I have a personal stake in (arthritis). Apparently you can collect pledges which I may just do next year--watch out!

So, you probably also know that I am working with James Klenz (of Prince Albert fame) on a little film project of his. I participated in my first shoot with him in Mid November. It was the first film thing I have done and I enjoyed standing out in the cold waiting for automobile, airplane and rooster noise to subside so I could say a couple of hasty lines or take one of the several beatings that he laid on me during our 4-hour shoot. No, it was fun, really. There is much more to happen with this project and I should get to shoot with him again in a couple of weeks.

So, now you and I are almost up-to-date. My only other time committment of note would be preping for the coming x-mas season. Wendy, the kids and I have been busy putting together our usually aggressive selection of cookies, squares and fudge (chicken pox extra). I have also been on a tough schedule in my own version of Santa's workshop making a few things for some of you lucky devils out there. Will it be you? Won't it? You will just have to wait and see.

Do try not to be a stranger, would ya?

Comments

rainswept said…
Will the DVD have any extras? I mean, having shelled out to see the original version, I can't really see picking up the Pox again unless there's something really special there.
Fannon said…
I am especially hoping for a full length Doctor's commentary to learn more of the development of the project.

And I also hear that they are limiting it to one copy per person... although apparently you can give it as a gift to someone you love...
captainorange said…
It seems that Anwyn's chief resource has dried up, as it were. The interuption during filming of some key (dna)sequences has led to cancellation of any wide release we had planned.
Anonymous said…
I can hardly look at that picture of your girl. I know she scored big at the Pox Office (sorry), but I got the spots at age 29 and it was the most miserable sickness I've had since the mumps of '81. Let my pock marks be a lesson to all parents - if your neighbour's kids have chicken pox, invite them over for supper and make your kids eat off their plate. They will thank you as adults.

Squoosh

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction