Overdue

Perhaps I mean my life. Maybe. Or it might just be library books, videos, blogging, and quality time with my wife. The musical has a way of eating all my spare time.

The problem is the singing, or rather, my singing. It is a real challenge for me. I'm used to doing things that I am already good enough at to get by. But for this music, that is definitely not the case. So I spend as much of my spare time as possible trying to get all the notes right. It is pretty hard when you can't read music and there is no melody to follow. I'm getting better. Last night our musical director, Dr. David Kaplan, did his best to reassure me that it was 'all a process' and that I was getting the job done.

On the flip, as I have always found, it is terrific to work with so many young, talented, or (my favorite) young AND talented people. I can come home from a rehearsal at 10pm, exhausted, and still not be able to sleep for an hour or two because I am so full of adrenaline.

Bad news for Vin and James... I said I would likely be in for this QT, but alas, it cannot be. I shall have to settle for offering my corpse up for slaughter on Saturday. And Vin, I'll see you at the ACC on Thursday, I hope.

Comments

rainswept said…
murky and I, and poffibly 'wing, fhall miff you

Riddle of Leaves
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

?????
captainorange said…
I could answer without even scratching my head. The answer is all around me anyway...
rainswept said…
Quite the opposite

this is the Riddle of Leaves you know...
rainswept said…
ooh, that reminds me

there is an instance of the word 'leaves' in the Zampano text... it appears in the lower half of page 527

I've concluded my third reading... I didn't revisit the PXXXXXXX Poems, and I referenced the Whalestoe Letters only in pursuit of clues

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction